10 moving TV commercials featuring OFWs
- Tuesday, December 24, 2013
- By Ion Gonzaga
- 0 Comments
Mushy commercials are so popular and very effective in the Philippines given that the Filipinos are very family-oriented, and that almost 6 in every 10 household has a family member working overseas. So when a TV commercial or short film features the feelings and the sacrifices of families and those homecoming from abroad, one can't help but be emotional, especially this Christmas.
Here are 10 emotionally moving commercials / short films featuring OFWs. Prepare some tissue boxes okay:
1. Jollibee - Heartwarming Surprise
A taxi driver gets emotional as he gets surprised by a Christmas video message from her daughter in the Middle East
2. Jollibee - Iba Talaga Pag Kumpleto Ang Pamilya
A taxi driver's OFW passenger reminds him of his son working abroad and his absence in the last 5 Christmas, but...
3. Coca-Cola - The OFW Project, Where Will Happiness Strike Next
Probably the best TVC tribute to OFWs, Coke made the homecoming of 3 overseas Filipinos more sentimental and meaningful. This ad has increased the sale of tissues worldwide...
4. Titay's Rosquillos - Missing Tatay
Simple, but the father's expression tells how he would've wanted to spend time with his daughter in more fun, engaging ways.
5. SM Global Pinoy - OFWs and their Mothers
Another tearjerker, sums up the effects of sacrificing communications with the family, for so long.
6. SSS - Puro Na Lang Ikaw
7. SSS - I Miss You Nay
8. Duty Free Philippines - Babalik Ka Rin
9. Sony - Pasalubong
10. Chowking - Noel Homecoming