Getting Husband-sponsor Visa in Just 1 hour
- Saturday, January 14, 2012
- By Ion Gonzaga
- 16 Comments
Last Thursday, I applied for my wife's visa under my sponsorship and surprised that I got it in just an hour. I went to a Typing Centre complete with all the documents required:
- Copies of our passports
- Copy of my visa
- Arabic Salary Certificate with company stamp (or copy of employment contract)
- Copy of marriage contract authenticated by UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Copy of tenancy contract (on my name)
- 2 passport photos of my wife
We're the only customer in the typing centre so it just took about 10 minutes to finish the typing. We went to Ministry of Naturalization and Residency at the dnata building in Deira (near Clock Tower / City Centre) - this Immigration Centre is not crowded at all compared to other Immigration offices in Dubai.
I paid a total of AED 1375 for the following:
- AED 250 (husband's visa fee)
- AED 500 (fee for an in-country issuance of visa)
- AED 600 (fee for change of status, in-country)
- AED25 (Immigration processing fee)
I opted to pay the in-country issuance of visa instead of having to exit the country - the fee is actually cheaper (or just the same) if you compare to a return air ticket. * If the wife is not yet in the UAE, the fees will be less.
After that, my wife needs to take the medical test (within 2 months) to complete the residency and get her passport stamped.